Tuesday, January 23, 2007

PICTURE POST!

OK, so I've been slacking. again. but this time it's totally legitimate, I swear! If you didn't know, I work for a weekly newspaper and this happens to be the month where we have two special sections back to back. Well, this week I get to prepare 75 ads and do photo editing which may not sound like a lot, but believe me it is! so I've been swamped and what has suffered? The knitting! and spinning, and the rest of my non-working life... oh well...February is sure to bring me plenty of R&R PLUS some time to actually use my spinning wheel :) And just in time...for a SUPERB secret pal package arrived a few weeks ago...


I actually thought to photograph the whole process :)



OOOOH! look at the brightly colored paper :)



Inside the first package was this...what is it?


A handmade magnetic chart keeper of course! This was put to use right away :)



What is this dreamy cloud-like stuff? It's silk to spin! Very luxe!



Next up some merino top fiber. YUM! It reminds me of a summer sunset :)


And of course the gratuitous close-up!


MMMMM...chocolatey :) A merino-mohair blend in delicious colors.


Can you see that shine? It's gorgeous!


And an overview shot including the cutest puppy kitten card yet! And I'm a tea lover to boot :) So THANK YOU secret pal :) You're doing a great job! I love being spoiled :)

And next time an actual knitting post! That is when I get a chance to breathe :)

>^.^<

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Hi Kat -

I'm so glad you enjoyed the package. I hope the fiber spins up nicely.

I'm a bit sad the SP9 is rolling to a close. I guess the only thing to do is sign up for the next round!

- You SP

January 23, 2007 5:57 PM  
Blogger Miss Scarlett said...

Beautiful package you got there! How wonderful to have new roving for your new spinning wheel - so thoughtful.
Can I tell you again how fun this is?

I've only seen NIN twice. This last tour was brilliant. I think it may have been one of the best shows I have ever seen - and the arms on him!

I'll be here often!

February 03, 2007 12:51 AM  
Blogger Lick My Sticks said...

Hey...HEY! Get blogging lady!

Here's an incentive (punishment?)
You've been tagged for 7 Random things about yourself. You may punish/tag 7 other people afterward.

June 06, 2007 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home