Monday, February 27, 2006

*sigh*

well, I didn't make it... :( ...It seems as if the fates were against
me...but I'm also a slacker, but I tried!

On Saturday I packed all my stuff up in the morning while I was 1/2 asleep
and I forgot my notions bag...it had everything except my pattern and
knitting in it. I had no idea what row I was on and I was pretty lost. I
finally gave in and counted and dissected rows to figure out where I was and
made a bit of progress.

I was finally able to make it back to get my bag around 11:30pm or so. We
grabbed the essentials and went to the bowling alley where the boy bowled
and I knit. A short trip to the bar for a drink and I was knitting again at
the 24hour restaurant we go to occasionally. I made as much progress as I
could and by 3am I was beat. We packed it up and I slept until about 2pm
Sunday afternoon...when I woke up I knew I would possibly be able to finish,
but I did give effort.

I finished the 2nd sleeve and un-knitted the end of the first which I had
made too long. I've gotten everything joined and now I stuck on a counting
problem and too many stitches. The good news is that I'm starting the chart
on the next row, so I hope to be finished by the end of the week.

So yeah...I don't feel like a total loser, because I know I tried and if I
had actually buckled down and knit constantly throughout these two weeks, I
know I could have gotten it done. I would like to compete again if another
round is held, this time with much more pre-planning. I read about a chica
who calculated how many rows she would have to do per day in a spreadsheet!
I'll bet she was able to complete on time.

Well, Congrats to everyone who completed their projects and good effort for
those who didn't. I'm sure a good but stressful time was had be all :)

>^.^<

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who didn't finish. It was a rough road.

February 27, 2006 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home