Thursday, February 23, 2006

olympic update

olympic update: ARGH!!!

OK, so it's not going as well as I had planned, but I'm not totally sunk...yet...

So far I have knitted up to the armpits and have almost one sleeve completed. I have to finish the other sleeve (hopefully by tomorrow night) before I can put everything back on the circular and start the yoke and cables. I really want to finish this up by Sunday, but It's going to be close.

here is the (never ending) list of things that have impeded my knitting progress:
concerts - now you might be saying, "Kat, why did you go to concerts when you should have been knitting?" and I would say I had these tickets months before and didn't even think i would be crazy enough to do something like this!
other knitting - I was bound and determined to finish the damn dredlock bag so I could use it...still haven't sewn in the zipper :( but I did get the pocket and divider sewn in...
sickness - although it was nice to stay home for a day I did much more napping then knitting.
birthdays - why do my friends have to celebrate their birthdays during the olympics? especially at a place like buffalo wild wings where people do not look kindly upon the knitter...that and wing sauce just doesn't mesh well with wool...
wake - one of my dear friend's brothers was killed in a car accident on Sunday. I had to forego almost all knitting on Wednesday to attend the wake after work.
stitch markers - yes, I did take a whole night (WHAT was I THINKING?!) to make stitch markers for my favorite people at my LYS because they are closing and I may not get to see them again any time soon. yes, you did hear me right, my LYS is closing...what else can go wrong?!
book club - oh yeah did I mention that my book club at the LYS is meeting today too? I had to finish the book before today and that didn't help either...
freelancing - I have a freelancing meeting tonight after the book club meeting...I don't think I can forego sleep for knitting, so probably no more progress tonight either...

ugh. I wish I could use my down time at work to knit instead of blog...oh well...I've been feverishly knitting on my lunch breaks so hopefully that will make up for some of my slacking, but not nearly enough...you may not see me for a while...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home