Monday, December 05, 2005

knittin' up a storm...

OK, so I've been knitting like crazy! Of course I have no pictures, cause I'm posting at work. I seriously plan on taking pics and posting them when I get home, but I never actually get motivated to find the camera, the memory card and adapter all at the same time. I think I'm actually getting a decent camera for Xmas, but I'll just have to wait and see :)

So I finished another pair of the Sweet Mary Janes on Friday night. I also started a pair of felted mittens for myself and I've got about 1/2 of the 2nd mitten left to do. Hopefully I'll finish it tonight and felt so I can have them later this week to wear. Those thin chenille stretch gloves aren't doing be a bit of good besides saving me from complete frost bite!

I'm also planning on knitting myself the official Kittyville hat from the first Stitch 'n Bitch book. I need a hat with earflaps, and I can't have too many kitty hats :) I already have 3 with ears on top :) It's like my signature. Plus I hate cold ears and the winter is definitely making it's presence known this year.

On the rest of the docket, momma asked me to knit 3 scarves for her friends at work, dad wants a basic cable hat, I need at least another pair of SMJ slippers (if not more), plus I want to make mom some Fuzzy Feet from Knitty, and a few more last minute gifties IF I have time. I figure at this point, my stash can accommodate a few more gifts if I can find the time to knit them. With my weekends taken up by parties, I'm going to be knitting in the corner!

I hope everyone else isn't having a super hectic season like me :) I suppose I should have started my holiday knitting a bit sooner. Damn that procrastination gene!

>^.^<

1 Comments:

Anonymous jen said...

wow girl you have been busy! email me your address i have something to mail you!
i have been knitting up a storm too, loads of scarves. one ball of some soft dolcetta from joanns and one ball of divine from michael's on 17's make the prettiest scarves FAST!

also i can recommend a yarn for your gloves or mittens next time you make a pair. i knit my frist pair in purple MANOS de Uraguay and i can take those things off and my hands are warm like from being inside. i was outside playing with zander in the snow for two hrs wednesday nite and i took my mitten off and put it on my sister and she freaked out how warm my hand was!

December 10, 2005 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home