Tuesday, November 29, 2005

blogging by mail...

OK, so I've been severely slacking in the blogging department. I just
haven't felt up to posting lately...

So here's the scoop on my momma...
At the hospital they did a million tests (stress test, angiogram, MRIs,
etc.) and found NOTHING. So basically they think it was severe acid reflux.
She still has the flu pretty bad, and last week I was home taking care of
her. She is on another week of no-work per the doc for this week. Hopefully
she will be all better soon :)

Turkey day...
Since my momma was sick, we decided to postpone T-day to Sunday. I am very
proud to say that I made the whole dinner! Chris was there to help me out a
bit at the end after he woke up from his nap :) The turkey turned out
great! My dad had a hard time carving it because the meat was just falling
apart. I'm so glad that everything turned out great. Now I know I can make a
full turkey dinner in about 6 hours. We had turkey, green bean casserole,
tangy potatoes, carmelized sweet potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce (my own
recipie), and those yummy flaky rolls. I think my dad took some pics of me
in the kitchen, so I will have to post those later.

On the knitting front...

The alligator mittens are almost done! I have all the pieces knit and I
FINALLY found some sew on wiggly eyes (thank you Hobby Lobby). Now all I
have left is to add the teeth, block the pieces and sew them together. I
can't wait to finish cause it's getting might chilly around here :)

I finished one of the Hurry Up Spring arm warmers last night. I like how it
turned out, but the leaves are a bit hard to see on the dark yarn. The 2nd
one will have to wait since I've now been consumed with Christmas knitting!

I have started another pair of Sweet Mary Jane slippers in a pretty pink and
purple verigated yarn. I'm also going to be making another set in a
blue-green-yellow verigated yarn. I think I might try and squeeze in a pair
of fuzzy feet and another basic cable hat too. I'm not sure how I'm going to
do it all in time! I may have to pick up another set of #7 DPNs so I can
have a few projects going at the same time since most of them are on 7s. OI!

And on the Graphic Design end of things...
A friend of mine is starting a record label and he has asked me to do his
work! The label is called Alarm Clock Records. So I've been picking up the
stray job from him now that the iBook is back in the swing of things :)
I've also been comissioned by another band, Beyond the Red, to do some
stickers. And the boy's band finally has a name, Silence of the Fall, and
we're trying to come up with a logo for them. I'm not sure how I'm going to
squeeze everything in with the holiday parties on the weekends, but Sundays
will have to be a dedicated knitting with football day.

I hope everyone had a great holiday and I will post some pics when I get a
chance :)

>^.^<

1 Comments:

Anonymous jen said...

yay! good design work is always a plus!
i'm glad to hear that your mom is ok and on her way to feeling better soon.
i am now loathing holiday knitting! hee hee

so much to do so little time to do it in!

December 02, 2005 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home