Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The Questionnaire

OK SP6...are you out there? This is for you!



1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
A: I'm not really a yarn snob. I prefer natural fibers (cotton, hemp) and I do work with acrylic for washable items. I really do love Cascade, Manos, and hemp based yarns the bestest :)



2. Do you spin? Crochet?
A: I don't currently spin, but I REALLY want to learn :) I think that's something I'll tackle this coming spring. I do also crochet like a madwoman and I love it!



3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
A: I am allergic to wool (the blasphemy!) but only certain kinds make me itch, like Lopi and the more un-refined types (I adore using Cascade which is also wool). I am allergic to animal dander (most the kitty-cat kind), smoke, perfume (except for Fetish!), and most kinds of soap (damn these allergies! I mostly use castile liquid soap or organic/hemp based soaps. (If you dig these kinds of soaps, check out << raining rose )



4. How long have you been knitting?
A: For almost 2 years :) and I can't stop!



5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
A: I do, see my blogger profile for the address.



6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
A: I prefer clean scents. It's kinda hard to describe. Especially since I am allergic to most of the common brands of great smelling bath products. (I really miss you bath and body works!) As for candles, I like anything not too overwhelming. Something that would make the house smell yummy without choking me, ya know?



7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
A: oh my?yes. yes I do :) good chocolate is a great weakness of mine.



8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
A: umm?just about everything! I work with the sculpey clay, macreme (anything out of hemp!), sew a bit, potentially quilting, decoupage, generally anything crafty. I love ReadyMade!



9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
A: I like everything from phish to nine inch nails. My tastes vary greatly. The only thing I really don't care for is country (although bluegrass is pretty cool in my book)



10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
A: My favorite colors are black, red, and silver. I also love olive drab, blue, brown. The colors I can1t stand are far and few between, but I1m not really a fan of the pastels or bright pinks. I just really like all colors. I1m an artist, what can I say?



11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
A: I currently live at home with the p's. No pets inhabit my home any longer.



12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
A: To open my own store of some kind. It would be really eclectic: hippies and metalheads unite! And you know, own my own home, start a family? I'm still pretty young :)



13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? A: Well, currently I1m loving Cascade (did I mention that? LOL), I received a hank of Manos from my last SP and it's amazing! I'm really interested in organic cotton?I want a sweater!



14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
A: Scratchy stuff ie; Lopi, Jute, crappy acrylic, etc.



15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
A: I just want to make lots of cool stuff! I'm really interested in knitting up some animals.



16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
A: I1m getting into clothing?and felting.



17. What are you knitting right now?
A: currently working on the dredlock bag by indiknits, and socks



18. What do you think about ponchos?
A: Eh?I'm not too sure yet. I've had yarn to make one for myself for a while, but I'm not too sure if I actually want one. I may end up making it to gift. I do enjoy making them for all of my friend's kids.



19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
A: I'm addicted to circular needles. Clover are my faves, no squeaks!



20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
A: Wood definitely, be it bamboo, oak, redwood (if I could afford them!), whatever. I do have plastic and aluminum needles, but I don't use them very often.



21. Are you a sock knitter?
A: I just learned! I'm not too sure if I like 'em too much, but I do enjoy working with double pointed needles. I'd definitely like to try the double circular technique!



22. How did you learn to knit?
A: heeheehee...well, a friend taught me how to knit in the "back loop style" Winter '04. Then just recently, the lovely ladies at my LYS taught me how to knit continental style after they discovered why all my stitches were twisted and funky :)



23. How old is your oldest UFO?
A: Only a few months old...I try and keep up with my projects. Usually if I let them sit for a while, I end up not liking them anymore and frog 'em for something else.



24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
A: SCOOBY DOO! He's my fav :) I am also a fan of Badatz Maru (Hello Kitty's penguin friend) and Emily the Strange. I also do love the kitties :)



25. What is your favorite holiday?
A: Halloween for sure!



26. Is there anything that you collect?
A: How about a whole lot of crap! LOL ...but no, not anything seriously. Just crafting supplies!



27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
A: I don1t have any subscriptions, but I do love me some Interweave Knits! (Vogue knitting mostly make me want to yak!)



28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
A: The new stitch and bitch that won't be out till Jan (or so I hear), and other than that, just a book on making animals, be it knitted, crocheted, sewing, whatever! I always see these cool Japanese animal books on blogs and wonder where to get them?



29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??
A: Nope! I'm just searching for the perfect sweater pattern?I may just have to write my own!

>^.^<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home