Friday, September 23, 2005

fridays...

So it's Friday. Thank god! I don't think I could bear to sit here for
another day, feigning work. It's like every time I have something to do I
just get it done too quickly. I know I've said this before, but it's true!
On the days I need an extra pick-me-up I've resorted to making hot chocolate
with coffee instead of hot water. It helps me keep my eyes open. Yesterday I
kept falling asleep at my desk. I even tried to take a nap on my lunch hour,
but to no avail. It seems like the only time I can sleep is when I'm not
supposed to or when I have to get up. I wish I could just sleep in till
10am some days like I used to. Even on the weekends I'm up no later than
8am. It sucks. Ah well, I guess I just need to adjust to this regular hours
thing. It's been so long since I have had "regular" hours, that' I'm still
not used to it after a month. Plus once I get health insurance again I can
get back on the thyroid meds and hopefully that will help with the
sleepiness too.

So I realize I don't talk about my LYS enough, so here it is! The LYS I go
to is Quietly Wild in Woodstock, IL.
The owners Maggie and Nancy are the best! I try to make it there every
Thursday after work for some much needed knitting time. It's great to sit
and knit a bit with all of the ladies that find their way in. There's always
a class going on in the back, and we're usually chatting it up in the front.
They have a great sitting area in front of a big picture window that is nice
a cozy. Plus they carry a lot of great yarn. If you visit the site, they
have pictures of the inside. It's really great to have a place like that to
go to. I probably wouldn't even knit as much as I do if I didn't go. They
have great classes (that's where I learned to crochet!) and are always
helpful. I love you Maggie and Nancy :)

Now something else I've been doing lately is reading. I haven't been reading
much for the past 8 years or so 'cause school has taken up so much of my
time. But I decided to get back on the wagon. Quietly Wild has a book club
that meets about once a month to discuss the current book. I've already
finished the book for the next meeting and it isn't even until November! The
book I read is called Knit One, Kill Two by Maggie Sefton. I would
definitely recommend this book to anyone, knitter or not. There are even two
really simple patterns and a recipe included! I was so drawn in, I was
reading in every spare moment I had (even at work!). So I just finished the
book last night and it was excellent! Now I have to find another one to
hold my interest. FOr the longest time I would only read fiction by Dean
Koontz of Stephen King, with a fe other thrown into the mix as well. But I
LOVE horror fiction. I started reading Stephen King when I was in 5th grade.
I'm trying to expand my horizons, so if anyone out there had any
suggestions, lay them on me!

And as for Sunday, I am planning on meeting up with Jen from
Piddleloop . We are doing a little
swapping as well :) We are exchanging the discs we made for the Dual Disc
Debacle and Jen is making me a little pouch! I'm so excited! If you haven't
seen her beautiful work, you should definitely check it out! She'll be
running a store soon, and they will be for sale. I think I might be putting
up some buttons to sell as well. I just have to finish up the stuff I'm
crafting for her, but shhhh! it's a secret :) I know we'll have a good time.
Plus I'm dragging now two friends and possibly the boy to the renegade craft
fair. I love riding the train into the city, I'm still praying for no rain,
at least while we're down there :)

OK, it's lunch time! And maybe another attempt at a nap ;)

>^.^<

3 Comments:

Blogger Wyld Turtle said...

You sound awfully busy. Don't know when you'll have time for little ol' me. (that last bit was dripping with sarcasam. I know it's hard to hear thru the internet). I would like to get together and hang out and knit some time when you're not too busy though. Just drop me an e-mail wyldturtle AT gmail DOT com.

September 23, 2005 1:38 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I received your cd's yesterday from the Dual Disc Debacle. I love them! It reminded me of several albums of mine that had been destroyed that I definately need to reacquire. Thanks so much!

Also, book suggestions:

Fantasy: The Belgariad and The Mallorian by David Eddings (12 books in all and sucked me in for six months! My animals names came from these books.)

Conspiracy: Dan Brown - The Davinci Code, Angels and Demons and Deception Point. All fantastic.

The Celestine Prophecy was also fabulous.

Good Omens by Neil Gaimon and Terry Pratchet was very funny.

Ok, maybe I should stop there because I can go on and on!

September 24, 2005 8:28 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oh, and if you want a set of my CD's as a thanks for hosting just send my your address!

September 24, 2005 8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home