Wednesday, July 06, 2005

fly by the seat of your pants!

All right...my head is still spinning from vacation! We got back late Monday night from our rafting/camping trip to northern Wisconsin. I've never been up that far before, and it was a blast, aside form the moths that covered EVERYTHING that was lit up and night. And this does include me holding a flash light! OI! but things are settling down, I just have laundry left to start and finish. I'll have more about this trip when I get a chance to think about stuff and I get some pics developed and gathered from everyone else that went with us!

On the knitting end...Cleo is completely complete! No pics of me donning my project, but those will come soon too...I promise! I have already started an all black version of Cleo :)
Next on the docket, I'm knitting socks! You heard me right, I've ventured into sock-land, hoping not to get in over my head. I bought a skein of magic stripe and some crappy plastic double points for my first try. I originally got the plastic DPNs cause I wanted bamboo, and they didn't have them, and I really didn't want to use aluminum cause it's so damn slippery. Little did I know that plastic DPNs are really crappy! Well, they'll do for now. At least I can figure out if I need to spend the $$ on getting a good set of DPNs if I really like knitting socks. My boyfriend was mezmerized and frightened by my 5 needles and part of a sock. He just asked me if everything was OK and then left me to my knitting. I think he's interested, but it's not for him. But he has already asked me to knit him a sweater, so we'll see what santaKLAWZ has in store for him. After browsing the newest installment of Knitty, I've got a few ideas!

Well, I know it's a short post, but I've got to get out of here (work) and attend to my huge pile of vacation laundry. A quick THANKS A WHOLE BUNCH! to my SP for another great package :) Pics will follow by the end of the week!

>^.^<

2 Comments:

Anonymous jen said...

hahaha nat just sits there mesmerized by knitting especially with double points. he'll watch me go round and round and round, i'll ask him if he wants something or why he's staring and he just shakes his head. he likes to space out on watching me knit all the time. i have yet to figure this out. he wants a sweater too, but HATES evrything. little does he know he will never get a sweater due to the curse of the boyfriend sweater.
nat does like to tell me when someone doesn't know how to knit on the EL. it's always funny.

July 07, 2005 12:21 PM  
Blogger She-Knits-A-Lot said...

Dude!
I'm glad your trip went well! Cleo is fab!

Try Bryspun DPNs, they're plastic but I like them even better than bamboo. They kind of hold the yarn like bamboo, but they're flexible. Highly recommend them-the yarn ladies carry 'em.

(And yeah-I'll update my blog eventually)

July 08, 2005 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home