Tuesday, May 24, 2005

SP5 among other things...

I just got my SP5 match and my SP got mine! I'm really excited and I can't wait to go shopping :) below are my responses to the SP5 questionairre...

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)?Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

I am not a yarn snob, but I do prefer natural fibers. I am alergic to wool, so I can't wear anything I make with it, but I do enjoy creating with it!


2. Do you spin? Crochet?

I would love to learn how to spin, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I just recently learned to crochet and I love it!


3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

I am alergic to animal dander, wool, and some fragrances. It's more of a trial by error kinda thing. Oh yeah, and I'm also alergic to soap! Weird, I know, but I only use hemp-based products, usually castile-soap.


4. How long have you been knitting?

I have been knitting for just over a year.


5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

I do have a froogle wish list, working on one for amazon.


6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

I prefer something clean. As I mentioned before, I am alergic to some fragrances, but I'm not sure which ones! I like fetich products, but they are really hard to find now.


7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

I do love the sweets! "Abba Zabba, you're my only friend!"


8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

umm....EVERYTHING! I love to tie-dye, macreme (only hemp necklaces so far), I am an artist, so anything art-related (sculpting, painting, photographing,etc.) and I'm willing to try something new all the time!


9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like everything from Phish (Hippy-Jam band music) to Pantera (Heavy-Metal)and everything in-between. I can accept all forms of music CD, MP3s, whatever!


10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

My top three colors are Black, Red, and Silver. I like pretty much all of the colors out there...I don't really like pink or pastels in general. Bold colors are me!


11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I am single, just graduated college, and living with my parents. I do have a boyfriend of 7-8 years who I love very dearly. No pets right now,but I do love cats and dogs (even if I am alergic to them) and fishes!


12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

Well, I 've achieved my major life goal of becoming a graphics designer and I am also a partner with my firm. I would like to make anough $$ to live comfortably, travel across the country touring with a band for a year, and eventually won my own eclectic-type store or bar.


13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

I like bamboo yarn, recycled silk, encore, organic cotton, and anything else with pretty, bold colors.


14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Rough wool. Besides the fact that I am alergic to it, I hate the way it feel when I am knitting with it!


15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Something for summer! I really want to knit or crochet some cute summer tops since I have such a hard time finding ones I like that fit nicely. (Unfortunately for me, luckily for my boyfriend I have a large chest and store bought items are usually too big or small for me)


16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Pretty much anything I can find a new/unique pattern for.


17. What are you knitting right now?

Nothing...but I am crocheting a pair of wrist warmers.


18. What do you think about ponchos?

I love them! Made one for my mom for Mother's Day. I am trying to find the right one for myself to knit.


19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

I have been loving circulars over straight, 'cause they don't get caught in my yarn, and my friend's cat dosen't eat the ends!


20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I love nature, so I'll have to go with bamboo or any type of wood really, as long as it's as smooth as a baby's butt!


21. Are you a sock knitter?

Not yet, but I do love working with double pointed needles, so I'll have to try one of these days!


22. How did you learn to knit?

My friend Milly taught me.


23. How old is your oldest UFO?

Less than 9 months.


24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

Scooby Doo! He rocks :) and I love fishes...any kind.


25. What is your favorite holiday?

Halloween for sure.


26. Is there anything that you collect?

Well, just stuff in general. I like weird, quirky knick-knacks and handmade things. Something you're not going to find in everyone's house.


27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Actually, none! I don't really have a lot of time to research to find the best one for me, so I just stick to knitty on-line.


28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?

The new stitch 'n bitch which isn't out yet. Other than that, not really



well, that's all for now. until we meet again...

>^.^<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home